UPDATE: Fine Art Registry (FAR) was engaged in a long legal battle with Park West Galleries (PWG). Although FAR won an award during the initial round in court, PWG appealed; as of October 26, 2012 it appears the case ended, "stipulated dismissal with prejudice, both parties to pay their own legal fees." The FAR website, twitter accounts etc. vanished. We do not know what this means for the provenance service that FAR provided. We have removed all links to the FAR website, pending further information from the principals of FAR; however, we do not expect anything to change given the abrupt disappearance of FAR from the web.
The Fine Art Registry Number also called the FAR Tag # and FAR Tag No within this website, is a number which identifies a collectible to the Fine Art Registry. The FAR Tag is usually physically attached to the collectible.
The Fine Art Registry (FAR) is online registry of fine art and collectables.
http://www.fineartregistry.com/far_transfer_instructions.html#transfer provides instructions for transferring FAR # registrations from one user to another in a pdf format. Those instructions are repeated below.
- Log on to Fine Art Registry.
- You will have to become a member-their basic membership is free, just click on the Become A Member link on the left side of the page, scroll down on the membership page and click in the Free Membership button. You may wish to become a member at a higher level, but it is not required to transfer tags; all ownership transfers are free.
- Confirm your membership and checkout.
- Log onto your account and register the tag on your original piece of art.
- FAR will send Jake an email asking Jake to confirm the transfer. Once Jake confirms the transfer, the tag becomes registered to your portfolio.
- In the future, if you decided to sell your original artwork, have your buyer follow these steps so you can transfer the tags to them. This procedure establishes the provenance for the artwork, thereby increasing its value.
Jake is placing FAR tags on all original works of art. Your bill of sale, certificate of authenticity and registered FAR # all establish the provenance of your purchased art.
Jake's FAR portfolio is at http://www.fineartregistry.com/portfolio/AKAJake
AKAJakePrints.com offers FAR Tags for 8 x 10 Prints and Large Fine Art Media Prints for small additional fee.
Art and Business Consulting LLC (ABC LLC) operates several co-branded websites: AKAJake.com, AKAJakeArt.com, AKAJakeGifts.com, AKAJake Prints.com, XmasDementiaCartoons.com & ArtandBusinessConsulting.com. When you submit information & otherwise conduct business through these co-branded websites you are conducting business with Art and Business Consulting LLC.